SeaLife Kelp Meal is an animal feed supplement made from the seaplant Ascophyllum nodosum. We harvest the seaweed from the cold, clean waters of the Maine coast. The live plant is quickly dried at a low temperature to preserve its valuable vitamins, minerals, trace elements, amino acids, and alginates. SeaLife is a naturally balanced supplement containing over 100 micronutrients. It fulfills the requirements in animals for trace elements that are often lacking in land-grown feeds and pastures (due to erosion or leaching), and standard mineral mixes.
SEALIFE AS A SUPPLEMENT
SeaLife is a rich and dependable source of 60 minerals and elements including iodine, 21 amino acids, and 12 vitamins (including A, C, B12, thiamin, and vitamin E or tocopherol). Because the minerals are in plant tissue they are easily digested and assimilated. Many of the trace minerals contained in SeaLife are essential for producing enzymes which in turn promote healthy body functions.
At the recommended feeding rates SeaLife is highly economical to use – one to two percent of the feed ration translates to pennies per day. Our processing techniques and packaging help to maintain product integrity over time.
BENEFITS OF SEALIFE
Technical research and farmer and breeder observations indicate a variety of benefits from the consumption of kelp meal – all evidence of good health and productivity.
Beef Cattle, Horses, Swine, Sheep, Goats, Poultry
- Improves feed utilization
- Excellent source of iodine which helps regulate metabolism
- Improves overall production (e.g., milk, weight gain)
- Reduces or eliminates breeding problems
- Reduces internal parasites in pigs
- Reduces the incidence of white muscle disease in lambs
- Prevents wool shedding and increases wool quality in sheep
- Increases milk butterfat levels with fewer fluctuations
- Increases iodine content in milkReduces the incidence of mastitis
- Significantly reduces milk fever
- Reduces or eliminates breeding problems (e.g., reduces the number of services required for conception, increases the rate of conception)
- Increases egg production and iodine content
- Darkens yolk and skin color
- Strengthens shells
- Enhances the flexibility and sheen of the skin and coat in dogs, cats, and horses – a good measure of overall health
Recommended feeding rates are generally 1 to 2 percent of the feed ration or 40 to 50 pounds of SeaLife to 1 ton of feed.
Dairy Cows and Beef Cattle: 2 – 4 oz. per day
Heifers: 2 – 4 oz. per day
Calves: 1 – 2 oz. per day
Range Cattle: free choice at two parts meal to one part salt mix
Horses: ½ oz. per day
Goats: 2% of ration
Sheep: 2% of ration
Swine: Free choice or 50 lbs to 2000 lbs of complete ration
Chickens, broilers or layers: 1% of total feed pre-mixed
Turkeys: 1 to 2% of total feed pre-mixed
Dogs (standard size): 1 teaspoon per day
Cats: ¼ teaspoon per day