Welcome to North American Kelp
North American Kelp is a Maine-based company with more than 28 years of experience in processing kelp. The company harvests sea kelp from the same cold, clean waters that have been providing world-famous seafood for centuries. Our sea kelp is responsibly harvested and is processed to U.S.A. high quality standards.
North American Kelp was founded in 1971 by Robert Morse, a marine engineer who was one of the first members of Maine’s Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association. The company harvests and processes several types of kelp year-round with a regular crew of 20+ that swells to 35 during peak harvesting seasons. The kelp is processed in North American Kelp’s facility in Waldoboro, Maine, using processes developed over the past 28 years.
More things you need to know about North American Kelp:
- North American Kelp is an American-owned company producing American products from the waters of Maine. We’re all proud to be Americans!
- North American Kelp has been in the business of producing quality kelp products for the agricultural and horticultural industries for 28 years. In fact, over the years you’ve probably used lots of our products under private product labels. We know what we’re doing!
- North American Kelp is a recognized and respected brand name, and our products are certified organic and approved for organic production. Everything we produce meets U.S. High Quality Standards. We stand firmly behind our products!
- North American Kelp harvests, processes and delivers kelp products directly to you. We eliminate the cost of the importer. In fact, buying directly from North American Kelp can save you 10 to 30 percent on your kelp product purchases. We WILL save you money!
- North American Kelp supports the natural products industry directly by being members of organic farming associations, through charitable contributions, and by promoting organic farming for 28 years. We’re proud of our record!
- North American Kelp has produced this informative web site so everyone will understand how to use (and why it makes sense to use) kelp products. We’ve even backed up our sales “pitch” by posting technical papers explaining kelp and kelp products. And new information will be added monthly. We welcome your comments!
- North American Kelp hopes you will deal directly with us through this web site. You will gain valuable product knowledge and be able to purchase our products at a very competitive price. We know you will see the difference!
- North American Kelp’s web site approach is great for those customers who want U.S. High Quality products and product information, but who also want to save money by buying directly from the processor. We think our customers are very smart!
- North American Kelp hopes you will visit our web site quite often. We will post special “deals” whenever possible – especially as freight situations and seasonal products change. We all love bargains!