SeaMix Liquid Kelp & Fish is a blend of the micronutrients
from our kelp extract and the macronutrients from ocean fish. Fish emulsion
is a natural source of large amounts of major plant nutrients: nitrogen,
phosphorous, potash, and sulfur (NPKS). If there was ever a single product
to meet all of your plants' nutritional needs, it is our SeaMix liquid
Benefits of SeaMix:
- Naturally balanced complete plant food
- Improves seed germination and increases root development
- Increases bloom set and size of flowers and fruit
- Increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increased sugar content in plants
- Relieves stress in plants caused by extreme weather conditions
- Increases plant vigor, and thus imparts a greater resistance to disease, insect attack, drought and frost
- Increases micro-organisms in the soil that can fix nitrogen from the air
- Increases mineral uptake from the soil and into the plant
- Increases the storage life of fruits and vegetables by retarding the loss of protein, chlorophyll and RNA
- Retards the aging process in plants (senescence), thereby lengthening the production season
- Many of the trace minerals contained in seaweed have important regulatory functions when applied to land plants, and in the animals and humans that consume the plants.
5 gallon pails
two 2.5 gal.-jugs
Caselots of pints and gallons, see Saltwater Farms Retail Products
How to Use
- SeaMix is always mixed with water (preferably with an approximate pH of 6.0) to the appropriate dilution and applied to foliage or soil.
- Always shake or mix SeaMix well before diluting. Only make up what you can use at one time.
- Foliar application is the most efficient and effective method. Spray as a fine mist until it drips off the plants' surfaces. Because of the fish odor, we recommend that you water the soil of houseplants with SeaMix.
- SeaMix can be used with a variety of sprayers -- plant misters, pump-up, backpack, hose-end, or tractor sprayers. The dilution rates provided here are based on areal measurements. Depending on the type of sprayer you have, simply dilute SeaMix with the appropriate amount of water for your sprayer to cover a specific area. SeaMix also works well with irrigation systems.
When to Use
- SeaMix should be used with a mild bio-degradable detergent or a non-ionic surfactant. This will help prevent beading on the foliage and allow more efficient uptake. Avoid harsh detergents or spreader stickers for pesticides.
- Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of detergent per 1 gallon of diluted SeaMix. Use manufacturer's instructions for a surfactant.
- House plants: mix 8 teaspoons of SeaMix with 1 gallon of water.
- Large areas: mix 2 gallons of SeaMix with enough water to cover 1 acre.
- Small areas: mix 3 tablespoon of SeaMix with enough water to cover 300 square feet.
- For vegetable and flower gardens, hay, forage, and feed: apply SeaMix every 2 to 3 weeks or when you want to enhance a specific growth stage or offset nutritional stress. For lawns and shrubs: apply SeaMix once a month.
- The SeaMix solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves' stoma are open. Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun is most intense and the stoma are closed. Also avoid spraying SeaMix before it rains or while it is raining.
How to Store
- SeaMix has a shelf life of four years when kept from extreme temperatures.
Avoid freezing and direct sunlight.